EXO Travel has now published online its updated Responsible Travel Policy see here.
Articulated around our 7 core values it will be the back bone of our commitment towards responsible tourism. It outlines our strong willingness to improve further our social and environmental record; it addresses different areas of action:
• Social and ethical aspects including : a progressive Human Resources Policy with staff having a share of company benefits on top of their salaries, the respect of Human Rights with special focus on child protection, fight against corruption throughout our business activities along the supply chain.
• Environmental protection and energy consumption measures within the office and throughout our tours;
• Assessment of our supply chain and pledge to incite and help our suppliers who are not yet committed to sustainability process to do so;
• Contribution to local economic development by choosing tourism activities which optimise the benefits for the local residents as well as making donations to local projects throughout our EXO Foundation;
• Protecting our customers and travellers and sharing best responsible tourism practices with them.
With newly created positions of sustainability coordinators in Thailand, Cambodia, Myanmar and Vietnam our ambition is to set up new benchmarks for sustainable tourism in Asia and become a model for major Destination Management Companies operating in the region.