This year, EXO Travel has started to recognize employees engagement towards sustainability. Since 2016, EXO had the Best Responsible Initiative rewarding destinations and now has Most Responsible Employees! Employees were encouraged to nominate their colleagues based on the below list of criteria, then a poll was open to vote for the best nominees.
- Always comes to the office well prepared with his/her reusable straw/cup/bag/food container and tries to minimize his/her waste as much as possible
- She/he has mastered the skills of separating waste, always switch off the electric devices and print double-sided
- She/he inspires clients, agents, or suppliers with his/her knowledge and commitment about sustainability
- She/he is a role model for our guides and suppliers and inform them about our sustainability policies
- She/he chooses only responsible gifts for our clients
- She/he supports charity/social project(s) outside of work
- She/he above all inspires you by his/her knowledge and commitment!
VIETNAM: Toan Thanh Nguyen, IT Manager
His constant efforts and hard work make a great difference for EXO Vietnam and you support all of us in becoming more responsible. Toan Thanh Nguyen is always active and engaged with the STeam & EXO sustainability initiatives and events. He inspires all his colleagues about sustainability, and always reminds staff to turn off all electric appliances. Toan teaches staff about double sided printing and the correct & energy saving use of electronic devices. And he makes sure that all old computers, monitors, scanners,… are donated to local NGOs.
LAOS: Phonexay ‘Mee’ Thammavongsa, LUXE/MICE
Always active and engaged in the STeam & sustainability initiatives and events. She is s a sustainability champion using her reusable food container & bottle. She avoids printing whenever possible and knows how to save electricity and water! She supports disadvantaged and underprivileged people by buying gifts for clients only from NGOs; and social enterprises
THAILAND: Tim Upchurch, Events Manager and Suthanee Hongyont, Senior Travel Consultant.
Sutthanee always shares her knowledge about sustainability with her colleagues, she is a great support to monitor our progresses and keep data record available to us. She participates very frequently to events/activities on sustainability and she is very committed to not using single use plastic, at lunch time you will always find her using her refillable meal set!
Tim always creates sustainability awareness in his department, through taking very practical steps such as reducing single use plastic and replacing plastic wrapped towels with washable ones. He comes to work by walking, and he is never seen using plastic bag or any kind of plastic in his daily life.
CAMBODIA: MAY Sokuntherary, IS/ Backyard
Words from the winner “Thank you indeed Managers and the Sustainability Team Jury who vote for me. I am really surprised and there is nothing to say beside the word “Thank you indeed” as it is beyond my expectation. Honestly,Super super thank you for that.”