There are a number of cooking class options around the ancient town Hoi An, but here are reasons why this experience is an outstanding one:
- Learn Vietnamese cuisine with a certified Nutrient expert.
- Appreciate how the host is contributing to the farming community.
- Understand ‘natural’ cultivating philosophy applied at the organic farm.
- Experience secret family generational recipes and cooking art
- Specialized garden area for young kids & families.
Located about 3km from the Old Town centre, this quietly tucked away farm was established by an expert in nutrition and team based out of the love of food and local cuisine.
Just like the varied landscape of Vietnam, the cuisines contains a brilliant balance of aromatics, heat, sweetness, sourness, and umami flavour from the use of fish-sauce. The cuisine is all about the balance between yin and yang; the sweet and the salty, the cool and the warmth, the fresh and the fermented. Follow the expert in nutrition and explore the farm while listening to inspiring stories about how to use food and vegetables for healthy living. Pick-up some ingredients before heading to the lovely kitchen to make dishes.
There will be five dishes to learn to make, have a chance to get hands-on on making rice flour with the old stone grinder, rice paper with copper vessels and invent a personal organic juice recipe. Once ready, sit down and feast on a delicious meal of authentic local cuisine.